3.01.2009

Sunday 1.03.09:

Well I was sitting on the steps of the gym this morning psyching myself up as I knew Angela would be on a mission today after my friend Greg's smart comments throughout the week. Oh no Darren and Angela arrive and diary checks done all looks good from us both. Water packs on and off we go what can I say SHIVERS once I found out we were doing interval training I felt sick as I can't run/ jog for long at all. I started with Angela as my partner but that was soon taken over by Darren who did a great job in time keeping and making sure I was doing it the way it should be done. We were only an hour into it and SHOOT it was hard going . Jogging just doesn't feel right at this stage but hopefully it will as I get fitter. We kept on going where the heck are we going as we still need to get back today. Soon enough after all these little stints of exercises along the way it was time to head back. Greg was sweating his shirt was dripping wet but my hat and pants were all hot and sweaty. We got to certain points and Darren would try and make you feel like we were nearly home but I think he was dreaming. Finally when we made it to the top near the R.S.L. I knew then that we didn't have that much further to go but every time Darren's alarm would do that double beep I would say things under my breath. I have come to the conclusion that both Darren and Angela know that if they talk the whole way that I'll shut up and move with motivation. After the last jog my body was aching and hot and all I could manage once getting up the gym stairs was to collapse on the floor and stretch out my body. Thanks to both Angela and Darren for you patience. And Greg I'm glad the weights slowed you down a little. Keep up the great work mate.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nette, you did fantastic today. To run / walk for 2 1/2 hours with some hard exercises thrown in is an awesome achievement. I even like the way you crack it, when you stop talking and give the dirty looks, makes me laugh, but to your credit you get determined and keep going. You have given yourself a fantastic platform to get to to where you want to with your weight, health and fitness goals. It will be a long process but you are aware of that and you can get there if you stay focussed on the end result and don't let short term obstacles give you any reason to waiver from your objective. Just adapt and work around it and you will succeed.
    PS 4 weeks of 'very hard' coming up, so just like today, you may complain a bit, but we wont be listening.
    Good on you for having a red hot go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did a fantastic yesterday. Keep up the good work. Your focus is getting so much better. See you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blogs from Sunday and Monday (I know I'm slack busy busy a always) but i got to it awesome job very proud of u, u just keep going don't worry about Foxy he'll get his in good turn!!!! Loved your training session yesterday gotta give it to u for trying sounds like u had fun GO GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete